Terms and Conditions
Check-in time: 4 PM
Check-out time: 10 AM Check out time is strictly enforced.
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between BVW PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, LLC(“Manager”) and Guest as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property: Per Listing described in Property Details of the listing.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest described in the guest list returned to BVW Property Management at [email protected] or by fax to 616-426-6172.
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to the stated number of persons on listing. For each additional guest (all additional guests must be pre-approved by Manager to assure the maximum occupancy allowed by law is not exceeded) Guest will be charged $50 per night per guest.
4. Visitors: A visitor is an occupant in Property that is not staying overnight. The total number of persons permitted in a Property including visitors is 150% of approved guests. Any visitor staying overnight is considered a guest and subject to additional charges. Any visitors staying after 11 PM will be considered an additional guest.
5. Term of the Lease: The lease begins at 4 PM on the stated Check-in Date and ends at 10 AM on the stated Check-out Date.
6. Minimum Stay: Guest agrees to pay for the minimum stay previously stated by BVW Property Management unless prior written arrangements are made.
7. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Additional Rental Rules at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property. Guests are expected to abide by these and any posted rules at the property.
8. Access: Guest shall allow Manager access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Manager shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
9. Rental Rate and Fees. Rental rate shall be as quoted by BVW Vacation Rentals. Payment is due as follows: 50% at booking, 50% due 30 days prior to first day of reservation.
10. Damages. The guest is responsible for any and all damages caused by the guest or their visitors during the reservation period. If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Manager immediately.
10. Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel for any reason after receipt of your reservation, your rental fees/deposit cannot be refunded, unless the vacation rental is re-rented for the same time period. If vacation rental is re-rented, you will receive monies paid less an additional cancellation fee of 25% rental rate. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to place any obligation on Manger to re-rent a canceled reservation for the Property.
11. Travel Insurance: All Guests are encouraged to purchase travelers insurance. For your convenience, BVW Vacations has partnered with Generali Global Assistance to offer optional travel insurance. Please note if you elect to not purchase Generali Global Assistance Travel Insurance, we are unable to offer refunds on cancelled trips due to any reason, including acts of God. BVW Vacations represents private owners. We are legally unable to authorize full refunds on reservation cancellations. The best way to protect your travel investment is to purchase travel insurance. Manager is not responsible for providing Guests with additional insurance coverage.
12. Damage protection Insurance: Guests are required to purchase Generali Global Assistance Property Damage Protection plan offered through BVW Vacation Rentals OR provide a $5000 security deposit. Manager is not responsible for providing Guests with additional insurance coverage.
13. Quiet Enjoyment: Guests shall not violate the quiet enjoyment of neighbors or other guests. Any disturbance resulting in police action, neighborhood complaints or any violation of the rules is considered sufficient cause for immediate termination of your stay and all monies paid will be forfeited at BVW Property Managements sole discretion.
14. Payment: Acceptable payment methods are all major debit/credit cards.
15. Acts of God: Manager shall not be liable nor deemed in default under this Agreement for any failure to perform or delay in performing any of its obligations due to or arising out of any act not within its control, including, without limitation, acts of God.
16. Indemnification and Hold Harmless: You shall indemnify and hold harmless the owner of the rental, property and Manager and their respective shareholders, members, officers, directors, employees and agents for any liabilities, theft, damage, personal injury, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with you and your invitees’ and visitors ’use and occupancy of the rental property or the failure of you and your invitees or visitors to observe the Rental Rules.
17. Property Rental Owner is a Third Party Beneficiary: You agree and acknowledge that the owner of the rental property is a third party beneficiary of your obligations, representations, warranties and limitations on liability under this Agreement and that the owner of the rental property shall be entitled to all rights and remedies that Manager may have under this Agreement.
18. Governing Law; Venue: This Agreement and all transactions contemplated by this Agreement shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan. Any civil action or legal proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be brought in the courts of record of the State of Michigan in Ottawa County.
19. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL MANAGER OR THE PROPERTY OWNER BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR RENTAL. IN NO EVENT WILL MANAGER OR THE PROPERTY OWNER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF MANAGER OR OWNER OF THE PROPERTY ARE FOUND AT FAULT.
20. Maintenance: Guest acknowledges they are renting a single family residence; from time to time, things break and will not entitle guest to a monetary discount or refund.
21. Generali Global Assistance: Vacation Rental Insurance has been made available with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance provides coverage for the loss of prepaid, nonrefundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly
recommend you purchase this valuable protection. Separate terms and conditions apply, read your Description of Coverage/Policy carefully and contact Generali at (866) 999-4018 with coverage questions.
Vacation Rental Damage Protection
As a part of your stay, you may purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit of $5,000. Any damages that exceed $5,000.00 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $5,000.00. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy www.csatravelprotection.com/certpolicy.do?product=g-20vrd. The Vacation Rental Damage can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request Customized Services Administrators, Inc. d/b/a Generali Global Assistance and Insurance Services to pay directly BVW Property Management LLC any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact BVW Property Management LLC directly if you do not wish to participate in this assignment.
(Continued on page 5)
ADDITIONAL RENTAL RULES
•Check In is 4:00 PM. Check Out is 10:00 AM. *Check out time is strictly enforced*
•No Pets: Unauthorized pets (and visiting pet friends) will incur additional charges beginning at $500.00 per pet.
•No Smoking: Seriously. Smoking is not allowed anywhere indoors and will result in additional charges.
•No Unattended Fires: Little fires can lead to big fires. Fires are only permitted in designated fire pit areas. Please extinguish all fires when you are done. Please use your best judgment when the weather is windy.
•Quiet Times: 10:00 PM to 9:00 AM is the time our guests and neighbors like to wind down and rest up for the next big day. Please be respectful and keep the noise low.
•Internet: Your cottage has been equipped with internet access. Prior to rental we have checked to assure your internet is working. Owner/Manager are not responsible for lack of signal - please feel free to contact IT support as posted on site if you experience a problem. We will do our due diligence to restore the signal.
•Garbage: Please take your trash to the marked facility for your rental and empty all garbage cans upon check out. All trash must be bagged. If the cleaning crew has to remove an excessive amount of trash, additional cleaning fees may be assessed.
•Linens & Towels: Please leave used beds unmade and leave all wet towels in bathroom(s) upon checkout. Guests may be charged for any linens or towels found missing upon check out.
•Dirty Dishes: Please load any dirty dishes into the dishwasher and run it upon check out. Dishes that do not fit should be washed by hand.
•Starter Supplies: No one wants to run out of toilet paper so to help get your vacation off on the right foot we will supply starter items you may need to re-stock during your stay. Upon arrival you will have the following: Toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, dish detergent, dishwasher pods. Additional items will need to be purchased by you as needed.
•Wait! Before you go: Don't forget to check all outlets and under beds for any left behind items. There will be a $50 service fee plus shipping & handling to mail any forgotten items. Please lock and close all doors and windows.
Beach Conditions on Lake Michigan
With Lake Michigan water levels at record highs, beach conditions may change quickly due to uncontrollable and natural factors, actual conditions at the beach may be significantly different from those reflected on this listing.
In no event shall BVW Property Management, nor the property owner, be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use or accessibility of Lake Michigan beach.